Heeeeeeeeello my people!!!
THANK YOU for being sooooooooooo darn patient!!!!!!
Finally, here is the new Mommy Blog…………!
My topic for this month:
MOMMY GUILT!!! IS THERE A CURE???? IF SO, SIGN MY ASS UP!!!!!!
Ok, so this is something that I have discovered, slowly creeping into my life and I am not sure how to navigate it! As moms I am sure you might be able to relate…
If you have ANY advice,, BRING IT!!!!
Ok,,before I had a baby, I once saw a commercial for cough medicine,,, and there was the Mom,,, sick in her bed, coughing, red nose, snot, aches etc,,, and everyone in the house was all over her,,
The Dad saying “Honey wake up, I need to know where the breakfast stuff is, so I can fix breakfast to help you out and let you sleep in”
The kids,,”Mommy wake up, I need help with my clothes!” Mommy where is my homework? ”Mommy help, the dog threw up, what should we do to help him?” Blah, blah, blah….
My pre-mommy self thought, “COME ON! That is ridiculous! She needs rest, she can find the time and she should just tell everyone to back off!”
Well,,,, DUH???!!! NOW I GET IT!!!!
This is just the life of your average Mom! We really don’t get a day off, and even if we did, we would probably feel guilty about it!!! OY!!
The last month I have been overwhelmed, between, work, sickness, and the Holidays, and well, just plain LIFE!…
But none of that matters. I realize, the Buck Stops with The Moms of the world……..and if I can’t get to every little thing, I feel guilty!
Here’s how it is for me:
1) I feel guilty that I even got sick in the first place, even though I took all the meds, inhalers, supplements, herbs, teas(even though it tasted like DIRT!) drops, and lozenges! I also did EVERY home remedy suggested, because of course EVERYONE has a “home remedy” and I needed to get better ASAP! I coughed so much I think I sprained a muscle around my ribs. I mean, how is that even possible?…
The worst part, I am someone who never gets sick, but it turns out, I am not superhuman! Who knew?!
2) I feel guilty that while sick, I had to be at work at 5am for a 12 hour day.. And thus not able to see Luna Marie in the morning when she is the sweetest. I would only see her for 1 hour at night and then,,,
3) I would feel guilty that I had a horrible headache from coughing all day, that when she tried to play “Horsey” (with Mommy starring as the horse, of course!) that I couldn’t keep from hacking and coughing so much that the game was just no fun.
4) I feel guilty that I worked 12-14 hour days and couldn’t get to the grocery store to make sure Luna Marie had all her food she needed, to have her 4 balanced meals a day. And that Dada could enjoy his morning coffee…
5) I feel guilty that while sick, I can’t listen to Luna Marie say “Mama,Mama”, and translate and answer the sitters questions, and ALSO, answer Kent’s questions at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And to top it off!
6)I feel guilty that after all that I don’t have time to be the Uber sexual vixin for my mate!
Come on we all feel that don’t we? Otherwise, why would all those Cosmopolitan Magazines fly off the shelves like they do? I mean, how many “sexual bedroom secrets and tricks” does your average woman need?!! I mean EVERY month, that is the intro on the cover!!!!!!! (But I digress!)
7) Last but so not least, I felt guilty, I couldn’t get to my blog….:/
Don’t get me wrong, it’s something that I LOVE doing!!!!! I just can’t get to it. Though, in my mind, I am working on it ALL the time!!!!
I guess my point is,
I must say, out loud,,,,
“I need to take a break”, and most importantly, I need to NOT feel guilty about it!!!!!
Mom’s of America, YOU NEED ONE TOO!!!
I am gonna try to schedule one,
Wish me luck!!
I wish you Luck too!!!!!!!!
I hope you had an AMAZING Halloween and Thanksgiving!
I did, YES! Even though I was and still am sick. “Cough! Cough”! I even managed to make a TOFURKY and it didn’t suck!!!!!!